►Healthier Fast Food
Sometimes Making Breakfast at Home isn’t Possible.
Create healthy breakfasts at your favorite fast-food restaurants. Just remake some foods on the menu. One bite, and you'll never look at healthy the same way again.
Try some of these calorie-saving ideas:
Eat half. Many fast-food restaurants and mini-marts serve only extra large sandwiches. Eat half of a full-sized bagel sandwich or a palm-sized wrap.
Share or Save. Keep the other half of your breakfast for another meal.
Choose Egg Whites. At a restaurant, choose egg whites to replace your eggs! Add lots of vegetables for flavor (like onions, peppers, or spinach).
- Add Fruit. Bite into a side fruit with your breakfast order.
- Load your Omelet with Vegetables. Pack it with vegetables. Pick 1-2 slices of toast over hash browns as a side.
- reduced-fat cheese
- eggs (or whites)
- low-fat meat like turkey or ham
- lots of colorful, flavorful vegetables
- Build a Delicious, Healthy Wrap. Skip the extra cheese and bacon. Choose:
Pick the Fruit & Yogurt Parfait (With or Without Granola). Choose:
- the small size
A handful (1/4 cup) of granola or your favorite whole grain cereal
Try to keep the breakfast calorie count to 300-500. Calorie information is posted on most fast food menus and websites.
- Click here for more healthy tips for eating out.