We bring coleslaw back into fashion with this lighter, fruitier version!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Recipe Makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 carrot (medium, grated)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons yogurt, low-fat*
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, low-fat**
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Wash the cabbage. Cut it into fine shreds until you have 2 cups of cabbage.
- Peel the carrot. Grate it with a grater.
- Chop half a green pepper into small pieces.
- Remove the core, and chop the apple.
- Put the cabbage, carrot, green pepper, and apple in a large mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Put the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill weed in a small bowl. Stir together to make a dressing. Add optional salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to mix.
1/4 of recipe provides:
- 60 Calories, 1.5 g. Fats. 0 g. Saturated Fats, 60 mg. Sodium, 11 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Fiber, 2 g. Protein
This recipe contains milk and eggs.
*If you are allergic to milk-based yogurt; try soy, almond, or coconut-based yogurt.
**Mayonaise contains eggs. If you are allergic, choose an egg-free or vegan option. You can also switch 1 tablespoon of mayonaise within the recipe for 1 more tablespoon of yogurt.