Love the convenience of mashing all ingredients into one snack dish? Then try this worry-free bean dip!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Recipe Makes: 15 servings
- 1 16-ounce can pinto beans (or 2 cups cooked dried beans)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)*
- Mash beans in a bowl.
- Add onion, chili powder, and shredded cheese.
- Serve warm or cold with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
2 tablespoons of prepared dip provides:
- 40 Calories, 1.5 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 105 mg. Sodium, 5 g. Carbohydrates, 1. Fiber, 2 g. Protein
This recipe contains milk.
*If you are allergic to milk-based cheese, try soy-based cheese or other dairy-free alternatives,
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following way:
- Spread a very thin layer of bean dip in dish over tortilla, chips or any other dish that you are serving.
- Thin bean dip with chicken, beef or vegetable broth; or try adding yogurt.