Bring all of the colors and freshness from a vegetable garden to your plate with this flavorful side dish!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable, olive or canola oil)
- 3 yellow summer squash or zucchinis, small and sliced (use 2-4 squash)
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)*
- In large skillet, heat oil for about 1 minute, until bubbling.
- To heated oil, add summer squash and zucchini.
- Cook on medium heat until tender for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with garlic powder to taste.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese.
One serving of Summer Squash Medley provides
- 45 Calories, 0.5 g. Fats, 170 mg. Sodium, 8 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Fiber, 3 g. Protein
This recipe contains milk:
*If you are allergic to milk-based cheese, try soy-based cheese or other dairy free alternative.
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut vegetables into half-inch pieces.