Colorful vegetables tossed over a bed of fresh spinach - try this dish to brighten up your day!
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Recipe makes: 5 servings
- 5 cups spinach leaves (packed, washed, and drained well)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 oranges (peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette dressing ("lite" around 15 calories per tablespoon or less)
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add dressing, and toss again.
- Serve immediately
A serving of Sunshine Salad provides:
- 70 Calories, 180 mg. Sodium, 16 g. Carbohydrate, 3 g. Fiber, 2 g. Protein
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut all vegetables into half-inch pieces.